Becoming a Volunteer Driver is rewarding. You meet friendly people, experience the gratification of assisting someone in need, and are reimbursed for miles driven. As a Volunteer Driver, you set your own schedule and have the flexibility of driving as much time as you are able. Our mission is to provide transportation to residents in rural Stanislaus by utilizing volunteers and mobility management for anyone who has barriers to transportation. This program currently serves residents in Riverbank.
How to Get Started?
- Becoming a Volunteer is a simple process, begin by submitting our Volunteer Driver Application.
- We will contact you to complete your application. The process usually takes one week.
What is Needed?
Start Volunteering For VOGO!
What will I be doing when I volunteer?
As a VOGO Volunteer, you will be driving residents from Riverbank, Lathrop, Manteca and Escalon to their specified destination.
Do Volunteers get paid for driving?
Volunteer drivers are reimbursed mileage at the current IRS mileage rate to and from their destinations.
Do I need a special license?
You will need the following:
- Background Check includes:
- Driving Record
- DMV Background
- Current Driver’s License and Proof of Vehicle Insurance
- COVID-19 Symptoms screened before each trip.
Do I need special training?
Each VOGO Volunteer participates in an orientation prior to driving.