Our volunteer driver program, BRIDGES, provides mileage reimbursement to individuals who are unable to drive or use public transit. Eligible participants select a volunteer driver, usually a friend, family member, or neighbor to drive them to destinations such as medical appointments, grocery stores, and social activities. Each month, participants will receive a reimbursement for mileage based on individual need to reimburse their volunteer driver.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be an individual with a disability or senior citizen who is unable to drive;
- Be unable to use other forms of transportation (such as buses); and
- Reside in Stanislaus County.
How Do I Enroll in the Program?
Call us at 209-672-1143 to complete an eligibility interview with BRIDGES staff.
How does BRIDGES work?
- Call 209-672-1143 to complete an eligibility interview with BRIDGES staff.
- A committee will review your application to determine if you are eligible.
- If eligible, find your volunteer driver such as a friend, family member or neighbor who is 21 years or older.
- Keep track of your trips and miles online or by using the trip log that we will provide.
- Submit your trip log at the end of each month online or by mail.
- You will be reimbursed based on individual need.
- Once you receive your reimbursement check, pay your driver.
Do You Want to Learn More?
Contact Us Now!
There is no age limit.
Individuals whom are unable to ride public transit and need door-through-door assistance.
Call (209) 672-1143 to schedule an eligibility interview with BRIDGES staff.
It will take approximately 1 week to complete the eligibility process.